Floating License With Orion Network Licensing Platform
Lower operations costs, improve security and benefit from new licensing options with Orion floating license technology.
Orion’s floating license solution offers new deployment options, scales to millions of users over the Internet, and supports the license configurations and deployment options required by new application categories.
With Orion, security vulnerabilities common to floating license server products are a non-issue, and security issues arising from new deployment environments such as virtual machines and cloud / mobile environments have been preemptively addressed.
As a floating license manager, Orion provides the full range of deployment options for a satisfactory licensing experience. Capabilities include secure commuter licensing, Internet-hosted licensing, auditing, real time alerts, reporting and analytics.
See how Orion compares to our competitors’ floating licensing solutions.
Request Evaluation Now!
Flexible and secure floating license server to lower your operating costs and improve monetization opportunities.
Orion is a secure, flexible and complete floating licensing solution.
- Scalable to millions of concurrent licenses over any network including the Internet
- Flexible license server deployment:
- Redistribute to enterprise LAN / WAN
- Host over Internet for multiple enterprise customers as a cloud service
- Acropolis / Nephele cloud hosting service
- Flexible definition of floating license acquisition and release times
- Not bound to application startup and termination
- Self-service administration of hosted license pools by enterprise customers
- Applicable to any application type
- Enterprise software
- Cloud / mobile services
- Embedded systems
- Secure from common floating license server vulnerabilities
- Process termination
- network disconnection
- Secure self-service commuter licensing
- Controlled license sharing in cloud, mobile and virtual machine environments
- Secure from monopolization by users
- enforceable fairness policies
- anti-spoofing, tamper detection, system clock and state rollback detection for redistributed-server deployments
- Online access from secure network environments with firewalls, http proxy servers and DMZs
- Disconnected-mode operation: self-service offline commuter licensing, overdrafts
- Real time alerts for concurrent-user-limit, expiring-license conditions and other actionable events
- Auditing, reporting and analytics on concurrent-licensing events and statistics
- Unified application integration for multiple licensing modes (product activation, floating licensing, trial licensing, complex license configurations)
Other floating licensing solutions typically limit themselves to providing simple checkout / checkin from a simplistic LAN-based in-memory license server that is vulnerable to security vulnerabilities and scalability issues.
- Conventional LAN-based floating license
- Secure from concurrent-user oversubscription
- Non-secure offline commuter license
- Secure offline commuter license
- Redistributed license server
- WAN-hosted floating license server for global enterprises
- Internet-hosted floating license server
- Named-user floating license model
- Multiple/hierarchical floating license pools per license
- Complex license configuration
- Real time visibility into customer license usage
- Real time alerts
- Concurrent-usage sampler for analysis
- Comprehensive online reporting and analytics
- Offline reporting and analytics
- Scalable to millions of concurrent-user licenses
- Single application integration for activation and floating licensing
- Support Native Java applications